As promised in my last post, my next Pattern Stash Buster is a much more colourful top! This print is as close as I get to animal products ;) It was on the sale table of "skin prints" a couple of months ago and I couldn't resist it, as I knew I had the perfect jewelry for it...
I chose Kwik Sew 3756 -- I've been meaning to make this for quite a long time -- I traced it out because I didn't want to cut into the actual paper that old Kwik Sew patterns come printed on. Plus there were only 4 pieces, 2 of which were rectangular!
|Snip Snip, so quick
|Sneaking out to the side yard between torrential
downpours today for a quick pic! It started pouring again
ten minutes after I went inside. My backyard
has its own pond now...
Other than the grading I didn't make any alterations. Unless you count completely forgetting to put the interfacing on the facing piece that sits across the bottom of the neckline... which has resulted in a not-quite-square expanse. I think the wee sag in the centre also has to do with size. Next time I make this (and I will) I'll pinch some width out of that centre bit. I was also thinking about changing the sleeve binding to a band but decided to stay with the binding. With this busy print I wouldn't notice if there was topstitching showing anyhow.