This is what I vowed to make in March, for the Make a Garment a Month project:
I was planning on making the dress, adding piping to the neck and sleeve edges, and lining the skirt (oh, and adding pockets of course).
I got all the way to the neck, and tried it on, and realized that I hadn't taken the advice of all the sewist reviewers on Pattern Review -- I'd forgotten to cut the neckline larger. Argh! I was strangulating in it! The thought of unpicking the facing AND the piping, resizing the neckline, recutting the facings and resewing it all was overwhelming. I put it aside for what turned into a couple of weeks.
Meanwhile, I decided to make a nice easy top to recover from this mishap (New Look 6217) Well, that top had tons of neckline issues as well! I finally finished it this weekend (photos to come) and decided that since I'd spent so much time on it I might as well turn to fixing the dress as well. So my March garment will be finished, soonish, once I get those facings recut. Whew! That was the biggest case of sewer's block I've had for a LONG time. Once I finish and post I will also be deciding on a late April MAGAM too. More to come..........