|Meet Dotty, my new dress form!|
I saw a large pillow sham at the thrift store made out of a heavyweight cotton, yellow with a herbal print -- Eureka! I decided to upcycle it as it seemed just perfect for a simple bib apron.
|Dotty in an apron in front of my pattern storage system...|
It was a simple upcycle -- I cut the front and back apart, and used the front complete with piping for the apron bit. Then I cut up the two pieces that made up the overlapping back; one into the bib and the other I cut up into strips for the waist and neck ties. The neck was just finished with some D-rings.
Someday I'd like to make a "real" apron with a few fancier details, but this one is pretty, fits perfectly and is heavy enough to stand up to cooking. Yay for upcycling!
|Piping left in place at the waist|