What is The Liebster? It’s an award/blog meme intended to promote little known blogs (fewer than 200 followers). If nominated you have to answer 11 questions posted by the nominator, plus 11 random facts about yourself. Plus nominate 11 more bloggers you like.
However....that's a lot of 11s for me. I'm going to start with the 11 questions, then refer you to 10 facts about myself which I shared in my last post, and then nominate a handful of other bloggers whom I read and haven't yet been Liebstered as far as I can tell.
Here are the 11 questions posed by Lazy Linchen:
1. What is your favourite pastime?
Sewing of course! Well, and reading about sewing. And reading in general, really. (does eating chocolate fit here?)
2. What do you love cooking/eating the most?
I love to cook really flavourful, healthy vegetarian food, usually fairly easy recipes unless I have extra time on hand to spend on cooking. I really shouldn't love chocolate so much, but...
3. What is your favourite fictional character and why?
Oh, this is tough! I love Anne Shirley (Anne of Green Gables) because I'm Canadian, she is brilliant and clever and imaginative, and I read and reread those books many times as a young woman. But I also love Cassandra Mortmain (I Capture the Castle) because she is clever and imaginative and a great writer with a big heart. I could go on and on.
4. What do you like most about your life?
I like that I have the freedom and ability in my life to choose to spend time on creative activities that sustain me. That I have the stability and support needed in life to go beyond simple survival. I am grateful for that every day.
5. How do you manage your stash (if you have one)? (This is shameless digging for solutions…)
Stash management...sounds like an ideal! I never had too much of a stash, until I began sewing in earnest again last year. Now it's growing and growing...and I don't have a management strategy. But I need one; either that or stop buying fabric, and we all know how likely that is.
6. What is your favourite make?
One of the simplest things I made, last fall, was a turquoise-y cardigan. Very simple, but it's one of the things I wear the most, and feel good in it each time. I often get comments on it, too, which is funny for such a basic item. But I love it.
7. Which part do you dislike most about creating?
Not having time to do everything I dream about! And making mistakes that set you back, due to being tired while sewing, or to those mysterious jinxed days when nothing goes right no matter what...
8. Winter or Summer?
9. If you could choose from any animal that ever existed, what pet would you like to have?
Huh. I'm not very iconoclastic, I'd still choose a cat :)
10. Why do you sew/knit/create?
Sewing pleases my creative side; it's practical and useful, but also fun and colourful and engaging. I always feel like I'm learning something, doing something, sharing something, when I sew. It feels thrifty, satisfies the itch to be more self-sufficient, and I also find that it's a kind of meditation, when all is going well.
11. What is your favourite place on Earth?
Anywhere that is quiet and peaceful, with room to think. Right now, my own front porch does the trick quite often!
Now on to nominating others...I'll try to share a few that I've found lately, though as I mentioned in my last post, I am still a bit of a newbie to the sewing blogosphere and don't know a lot of bloggers yet. This time I'm going to share some of my fellow Canadians' blogs that you should really check out :)
If I nominate you and you have more than 200 followers or if you don’t do (or have already done) Liebster Awards, please ignore and please don’t feel offended!
Here are my 11 questions to be answered:
- Why/how did you choose the name of your blog?
- Why do you sew/knit/create?
- Which part do you dislike most about creating?
- What fashion icon do you take inspiration from (if any)?
- What is your favourite make?
- What is your favourite book (or type of book) and why?
- What is your favourite fictional character and why?
- What was your dream job when you were a child?
- If you could visit any place in time, where/when would you go?
- Winter or Summer?
- Morning Person or Night Owl?
Shannon at The Finished Garment (Montreal)
Debbie at Sew Debbie (Oakville)
Ann at Everything Sewing (B.C.)
Suzie at Fabric Maverick (Montreal)
And the lovely Tanit-Isis of Tanit-Isis Sews, from my home province of Saskatchewan
Post a Comment
Share your comments, ideas or suggestions here -- I am always interested in hearing from readers. It's nice to have a conversation!