This little shift was the result of a quick turn after I'd gotten this fabric out of my stash with another pattern in mind. Unfortunately I didn't have as much of it as I'd thought, so a new pattern had to be found. I've had McCalls 6465 on my potential to-make list for a while, and since it uses a small amount of fabric I went with it.
I also had a small piece of contrast black and white fabric that I'd bought at the same time so decided on View B, the version with a wide contrast hem band. While my contrast is quite subtle I really like it.
I cut this in a size 14 at shoulders and arms, grading out to a 16 at waist and hip. Since it's quite loose and a-line I didn't add more to the hip measurements.
I also added side seam pockets since I really don't like having nowhere to put my keys ;) This rayon is quite smooth and soft so was a bit tricky to handle but I went slowly and managed to keep most of the seam lines pretty straight. I wanted to be sure that the hem band in particular was even.
I'm moving away from florals in my fabric choices these days, but I still really liked this one since it was a more abstract, wild feeling floral. Plus it's all green, and I'm loving green these days. I'm happy to have tried out a pattern I've been thinking of for ages, and that I got to use this lovely fabric. I'm trying much harder to use up the pretty fabrics I own, so that they aren't just sitting on a shelf, but being enjoyed. Much more fun to have them out in the world!