This week I am glad to be able to share a completed motif -- I've got the sunflower all stitched up, with the central arc of french knots all done. It was really well planned, with the inner circle a lighter brown and then filled in with dark brown. It gives such a nice variegated effect.
I enjoyed this bit; I think my French knot technique is improving with all this practice. I did do a quick refresh by watching the stitchlong video on the designer's youtube channel again. And it stitched up so quickly that I also put in the little red sprigs behind the flower to complete the motif.
You might also notice something new in these photos -- yes, I feel legit now that I've got an embroidery stand! I bought this little stand for $10 at a church sale just prior to the pandemic but had never taken it out of the box. My husband kindly noticed that I was starting this big project and went and found it, and put it all together for me. It was all still in the shrink wrap packaging, so brand new and VERY useful. I don't know how I worked without it!
In any case, I'm zipping along (by my standards) on this project and am heading to the little purple periwinkle next. I'm getting more invested in seeing this all done up. And it will be nice to work in a different colour next!