I bought this pattern a while back, even though it's not my usual silhouette. I made it up last fall, just as it got too cold to wear it. So I've finally managed to get some photos of it in its natural setting, and can finally share this one with you all.
It was a fairly straightforward sew, aside from the agony of carefully cutting all this shifty rayon. There are no seams or darts in the front, and one seam and a neck opening with a button & loop in the back.
I cut the ruffle on the bias so that the windowpane check was diagonal only on the ruffle. Just one more touch... though it did make hemming it a bit of a pain! I had to hang this for a day or two just to let everything relax enough to even it all out before hemming.
I like this quite a bit more than I'd expected (it even has side seam pockets!). The only problem I have with it is that the shoulder/overbust area is quite tight. I'm not sure if it's the design or if I didn't size it correctly, or if I should have shortened the bodice slightly between shoulder and bust to raise the bust point (a frequent change I make). It is wearable as it is, but if I were to remake it I would study that area more closely, and would definitely increase the bicep diameter of the sleeves. I'd also scoop out the front neckline a bit as it sits a little high and so has a funny little sag in it.
My husband and I had a lot of fun taking these photos in the garden at Churchill Circle - literally a traffic circle in our neighbourhood. The local Horticultural Society takes care of it and it is lovely. There were tons of tall lilies and phlox blooming so it also smelled divine. Of course, because it's the centre of a traffic circle, you also get interesting vehicles passing by!